GETTING THE MOST FROM GOD'S WORD:

"Do NOT labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting LIFE..." - The Gospel of John 6:27 (NKJV)
A systematic and daily reading of the Word of God is important in maintaining a strong Christian life. Establish a daily quiet time with God and His Word. Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand what you read. By following our daily Bible reading schedule through this blog, you will be able to read the Bible through in a year. Please note that you may utilize the ‘BIBLE READER’ app that is installed at the bottom of this webpage to assist you in reading the specified scripture portion for today.

To get the MOST from God's Word, please do the following intentionally:
1. REQUEST God to connect with you as you read the word of God with FOCUS and OPENNESS to see what God wants to speak with you.
2. READ the selected sections of Scripture slowly as you mark the words and phrases that intrigue you, even reading them the second time to get a better understanding.
3. REFLECT on what God is communicating to you; stopping long enough to let the seed of God's Word take root in your heart.
4. RESPOND to the passage speaking directly to God about what is in your heart, and then look out for ways to live out what you find - individually, and to others within your church and elsewhere.

As you read and meditate, ask yourself the following three questions:
a) What is God speaking to me through this passage?
b) Is there a command, a promise or a warning for me?
c) Is there an example for me to follow?

Please POST your comments below if there is a thought or message that the Lord has spoken to you through the passage that you are reading and meditating today. Please make sure that your post is aligned to the scripture passage mentioned at the header. All comments should pertain to the relevant scripture portions only, and should be aimed to glorify God (the true author of 'The Bible') & edify everyone who visits this blog site daily - both young and old. May God bless you abundantly for encouraging others through your comments!

Let's PRAY...
LORD, give me the desire to take a little time out of my busy schedule today as I read and meditate on Your Word. Give me this day MY DAILY BREAD. Speak to me clearly & lead me today as my Good Shepherd. Help me to be a blessing to others who interact with me as I attempt to be a living witness of Your Word today. In Your Name I pray, AMEN.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Focus, Will Power & Capabilities

My Musings in the Morning
('musing' = a period of reflection or thought)

"My heart was hot within me, while I was musing, the fire burned: then I spoke with my tongue:" 
 (Psalm 39:3)

#5: Our Focus, Will Power & Capabilities

"Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

In order to bring a fundamental and major change in our lives, three key elements need to exist simultaneously in our internal make-up: 
  1. Focus: This constitutes a clear sense of purpose and entails clear goals to guide our life activities. 
  2. Will Power: This directs our motivation & enthusiasm to sustain the actions we take. 
  3. Capabilities: This consists of the skills & abilities to fulfill our purpose & goals.
In order for us to reach our goal, we need to start with focus. This is because our focus is powerful & based on a very deep sense of our innermost purpose in life, which God will reveal to us through prayer & consecration. In the words of Apostle Paul: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Romans 12:1-2).

This transformed focus will provide us with the will power that we need to keep us going forward as we cling to this statement: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). If we have a clear driving focus in life & the will power (with God’s help) to achieve our desired goals, we will develop the skills & capabilities that we need to make it happen. Our passion, enthusiasm & our reliance on God will make the desired changes in our life!

Be blessed as you press yourself towards your desired goal starting today!

Read the Bible in One Year: Genesis 46-48

Google+ Followers