GETTING THE MOST FROM GOD'S WORD:

"Do NOT labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting LIFE..." - The Gospel of John 6:27 (NKJV)
A systematic and daily reading of the Word of God is important in maintaining a strong Christian life. Establish a daily quiet time with God and His Word. Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand what you read. By following our daily Bible reading schedule through this blog, you will be able to read the Bible through in a year. Please note that you may utilize the ‘BIBLE READER’ app that is installed at the bottom of this webpage to assist you in reading the specified scripture portion for today.

To get the MOST from God's Word, please do the following intentionally:
1. REQUEST God to connect with you as you read the word of God with FOCUS and OPENNESS to see what God wants to speak with you.
2. READ the selected sections of Scripture slowly as you mark the words and phrases that intrigue you, even reading them the second time to get a better understanding.
3. REFLECT on what God is communicating to you; stopping long enough to let the seed of God's Word take root in your heart.
4. RESPOND to the passage speaking directly to God about what is in your heart, and then look out for ways to live out what you find - individually, and to others within your church and elsewhere.

As you read and meditate, ask yourself the following three questions:
a) What is God speaking to me through this passage?
b) Is there a command, a promise or a warning for me?
c) Is there an example for me to follow?

Please POST your comments below if there is a thought or message that the Lord has spoken to you through the passage that you are reading and meditating today. Please make sure that your post is aligned to the scripture passage mentioned at the header. All comments should pertain to the relevant scripture portions only, and should be aimed to glorify God (the true author of 'The Bible') & edify everyone who visits this blog site daily - both young and old. May God bless you abundantly for encouraging others through your comments!

Let's PRAY...
LORD, give me the desire to take a little time out of my busy schedule today as I read and meditate on Your Word. Give me this day MY DAILY BREAD. Speak to me clearly & lead me today as my Good Shepherd. Help me to be a blessing to others who interact with me as I attempt to be a living witness of Your Word today. In Your Name I pray, AMEN.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Are you enjoying the presence of God daily?

My Musings in the Morning
('musing' = a period of reflection or thought)

"My heart was hot within me, while I was musing, the fire burned: then I spoke with my tongue:" 
 (Psalm 39:3)

#3: Are you enjoying the presence of God daily?

"In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" - Psalms 16:11

When God created Adam & placed him in the garden of Eden, it was God's plan that he enjoy an intimate fellowship with God daily. In fact, God would leave His heavenly abode to meet with His supreme creation "in the cool of the day" (Genesis 3:8). However, sin distanced Adam & Eve from that intimate fellowship, and they were driven out of the garden of Eden shortly thereafter (Genesis 3:24). However, it was always God's intention to have fellowship with man, which is evidenced by God's call to Abram, and at a later stage, God setting up His tabernacle in the midst of the Israelite camp & directing His temple to be built for Israel in the Promised Land.

When Jesus came to this earth, He destroyed the temple ("His own body") and paved a way for us to enjoy an intimate fellowship with God through the abundant life that He has provided for us (John 10:10). Unable to be presented physically with His children after Jesus ascended to heaven after His resurrection, He sent the Holy Spirit to this earth to abide in us. Today, God has given us the provision to enjoy His presence daily through 'delighting in His Word' (Psalms 1:2) and being 'filled with the Holy Spirit' (Ephesians 5:18), which is evidenced by us 'singing and making melody in our heart to the Lord (v. 19), 'giving thanks always for all things to the Lord' (v. 20), and 'rejoicing in the Lord always' (Philippians 4:4).

Today, and everyday going forward, let us enjoy the presence of God daily as we echo these words of King David: "O God, You are my God; and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips." (Psalms 63:1-5)

Be blessed as you enjoy God's presence today!


Read the Bible in One Year: Genesis 34-36

Google+ Followers