GOD is LOOKING at us CONTINUALLY
May 4 Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles Chapters 7-9
"For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually." (2 Chron. 7:16)
After King Solomon had dedicated the temple in Jerusalem, God gave wonderful promises of His commitment towards the temple that has been erected for Him. There are three promises from God regarding the physical temple in Jerusalem:
- God had chosen and sanctified the temple in Jerusalem. This means that God will dwell in the inner sanctuary of the temple going forward, and God will accept the sacrifices and prayers that Solomon or anyone else would be making in the future.
- God promised that His name would be in the temple forever. The great “I AM” would seal His name so that everyone will understand that He is the God of the universe.
- God’s eyes and His heart will be upon the temple continually forever. Everything that happens in the temple will be known by God, and He will participate in the worship of the people of Israel.
- God has chosen us and sanctified us with the precious blood of His Son Jesus Christ. John 15:16 tells us the following: "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." As per 1 John 1:9, it is the precious blood of Jesus that sanctifies us and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.
- God has promised us unlimited access to Him through the name of His Son Jesus Christ. John 14:13-14 gives us this precious promise: “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."
- God’s eyes and heart are upon us continually from the beginning to the end of the year. "The eyes of the Lord your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year." (Deut. 11:12).