Educating OUR children in godly ways is OUR responsibility
February 24 Bible Reading: Deuteronomy Chapters 10-12
Educating OUR children in godly ways is OUR responsibility: In our reading passage today, Moses continued to emphasize the requirements of a personal relationship with God, and reminded the moral laws that God had provided. Obedience to God’s word and submission to His will result in spiritual prosperity. "Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up" (Deut 11:18-19). There are three rules to be observed here:
- Let our hearts be filled with the word of God - through regular reading and reflection.
- Let our eyes be fixed upon the word of God – through visible unavoidable signs that we carry around with us.
- Let our tongues be used to teach our children the word of God – through our words and godly lifestyle
- Deut 4:9-10: Teach about your own salvation experience and especially the events that led you to the feet of Jesus.
- Deut 4:14: Teach Godly principles and rules for living an exemplary godly life.
- Deut 6:1-9: Teach how to love God passionately and sincerely.
- Deut 6:20-25: Teach about your spiritual journey so far and the miracles you have experienced during various times of trials in your life.
- Deut 11:13-21: Teach about the blessings that will follow if we obey God wholeheartedly.
- Deut 32:45-46: Teach about being “careful to observe the entire Scripture” in daily living.