God ORCHESTRATES everything if we OBEY and TRUST Him COMPLETELY
January 8 Bible Reading: Genesis Chapters 22-24
In our reading from Genesis 24 which details the selection of a bride for Isaac, we can understand that God orchestrates everything in our lives if we obey God and trust in his provisions. God had commanded Abraham to take a wife for his son Isaac only from his parental home, and had promised him prosperity and angelic guidance (Gen. 24: 7, 40) in fulfilling his objective.
- Abraham obeyed God by delegating this task to his oldest servant giving him precise instructions about how to achieve his task.
- This servant prayed for God’s will using a conditional clause for selecting the bride.
- Rebekah acted exactly to meet the conditions of selection.
- Rebekah’s family met all the conditions put forward by Abraham, and this was in line with God’s directives.
- Finally, Rebekah was herself willing to leave her father’s home to be Isaac’s wife (Gen. 24: 57) thus fulfilling God’s perfect plan for Isaac.