GETTING THE MOST FROM GOD'S WORD:

"Do NOT labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting LIFE..." - The Gospel of John 6:27 (NKJV)
A systematic and daily reading of the Word of God is important in maintaining a strong Christian life. Establish a daily quiet time with God and His Word. Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand what you read. By following our daily Bible reading schedule through this blog, you will be able to read the Bible through in a year. Please note that you may utilize the ‘BIBLE READER’ app that is installed at the bottom of this webpage to assist you in reading the specified scripture portion for today.

To get the MOST from God's Word, please do the following intentionally:
1. REQUEST God to connect with you as you read the word of God with FOCUS and OPENNESS to see what God wants to speak with you.
2. READ the selected sections of Scripture slowly as you mark the words and phrases that intrigue you, even reading them the second time to get a better understanding.
3. REFLECT on what God is communicating to you; stopping long enough to let the seed of God's Word take root in your heart.
4. RESPOND to the passage speaking directly to God about what is in your heart, and then look out for ways to live out what you find - individually, and to others within your church and elsewhere.

As you read and meditate, ask yourself the following three questions:
a) What is God speaking to me through this passage?
b) Is there a command, a promise or a warning for me?
c) Is there an example for me to follow?

Please POST your comments below if there is a thought or message that the Lord has spoken to you through the passage that you are reading and meditating today. Please make sure that your post is aligned to the scripture passage mentioned at the header. All comments should pertain to the relevant scripture portions only, and should be aimed to glorify God (the true author of 'The Bible') & edify everyone who visits this blog site daily - both young and old. May God bless you abundantly for encouraging others through your comments!

Let's PRAY...
LORD, give me the desire to take a little time out of my busy schedule today as I read and meditate on Your Word. Give me this day MY DAILY BREAD. Speak to me clearly & lead me today as my Good Shepherd. Help me to be a blessing to others who interact with me as I attempt to be a living witness of Your Word today. In Your Name I pray, AMEN.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 8 Bible Reading: Proverbs Chapters 28-31

We need to CONFESS + FORSAKE our SINS to get God’s MERCY:"He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy." (Prov. 28:13)

God in His infinite wisdom has devised two kinds of forgiveness:judicial and parental. When we trust Christ as Lord and Savior, we receive forgiveness from the penalty of sins; that is judicial forgiveness. When we, as believers, confess our sins, we receive parental forgiveness and this maintains fellowship with God our Father."If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

Both God and people cover sins. God covers the sins of the people who confess their sins with the blood of His son Jesus Christ, while people cover their own sins with the shame of hypocrisy. Confession is the divinely appointed method for obtaining the mercy and blessing of God. However, confession, when accompanied by forsaking, brings prosperity in the life of the child of God!

Anyone who covers (hides or, denies) sin in their life will not prosperthis is the law of God. The best way to handle sin is to confess and forsake it. "For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight..." (Psalms 51:3-4) Concealment of sin delivers none from God's wrath, but He shows mercy to the humble penitent.
There is no blessing for the person who covers his sins, that is, who refuses to drag them out into the light and to confess them to God and to anyone else who has been wronged. But anyone who confesses and forsakes his sins has the assurance that God not only forgives but forgets. "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." (Heb. 10:16-17)

Let us clearly understand that confession will prompt mercy from mankind as well as from God if it is coupled by forsaking of sins and bad habits and addictions. While unconfessed sins bring disorder in our lives, sincere confession and genuine repentance will lead to restoring a right relationship with God based entirely on His mercy.Ultimately, the orderliness and well-being in our life is linked to our personal relationship with God!

"I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin." (Psalms 32:5)

Google+ Followers