GETTING THE MOST FROM GOD'S WORD:

"Do NOT labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting LIFE..." - The Gospel of John 6:27 (NKJV)
A systematic and daily reading of the Word of God is important in maintaining a strong Christian life. Establish a daily quiet time with God and His Word. Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand what you read. By following our daily Bible reading schedule through this blog, you will be able to read the Bible through in a year. Please note that you may utilize the ‘BIBLE READER’ app that is installed at the bottom of this webpage to assist you in reading the specified scripture portion for today.

To get the MOST from God's Word, please do the following intentionally:
1. REQUEST God to connect with you as you read the word of God with FOCUS and OPENNESS to see what God wants to speak with you.
2. READ the selected sections of Scripture slowly as you mark the words and phrases that intrigue you, even reading them the second time to get a better understanding.
3. REFLECT on what God is communicating to you; stopping long enough to let the seed of God's Word take root in your heart.
4. RESPOND to the passage speaking directly to God about what is in your heart, and then look out for ways to live out what you find - individually, and to others within your church and elsewhere.

As you read and meditate, ask yourself the following three questions:
a) What is God speaking to me through this passage?
b) Is there a command, a promise or a warning for me?
c) Is there an example for me to follow?

Please POST your comments below if there is a thought or message that the Lord has spoken to you through the passage that you are reading and meditating today. Please make sure that your post is aligned to the scripture passage mentioned at the header. All comments should pertain to the relevant scripture portions only, and should be aimed to glorify God (the true author of 'The Bible') & edify everyone who visits this blog site daily - both young and old. May God bless you abundantly for encouraging others through your comments!

Let's PRAY...
LORD, give me the desire to take a little time out of my busy schedule today as I read and meditate on Your Word. Give me this day MY DAILY BREAD. Speak to me clearly & lead me today as my Good Shepherd. Help me to be a blessing to others who interact with me as I attempt to be a living witness of Your Word today. In Your Name I pray, AMEN.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27 Bible Reading: Job Chapters 10-12

God has granted us LIFE, FAVOR and CARE: “Your hands have made me and fashioned me, an intricate unity; yet You would destroy me. Remember, I pray, that You have made me like clay. And will You turn me into dust again? Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese, clothe me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews? You have granted me life and favor, and Your care has preserved my spirit." (Job 10:8-12)

With the outspokenness that comes from weariness and despair, Job continues his lament and directs it to God. He maintains his innocence: “You know that I am not wicked” (vs. 7). He acknowledges God’s power as Creator, "Your hands have made me and fashioned me" (vs. 8); but with a twist he refers to his life as clay (vs. 9), milk (vs. 10), and a spirit which clothed me with skin and flesh (vs. 11).

One reason that Job was so distressed by what he perceived to be mistreatment by God was that he was certain that he was God’s creation. Like the author of Psalms 139, Job had a keen sense of the handiwork with which God fashioned him in the womb, gave him life, and blessed him. Now he cannot understand how the same good God can treat him so badly!

Harold St. John in his classic book "Job" comments on this paragraph as follows:
"We must not miss this amazing passage in which the Clay expostulates with the Potter and reminds God that in creating man He has assumed responsibilities from which he cannot honorably escape. 10:8. Thy hands made and fashioned me. 10:10. The formation of the physical embryo. 10:11. The growth of skin and flesh and the development of bones and sinews. 10:12. (a) The gift of “soul” with its many-sided expressions and (b) The visitation of God by which man’s highest part, the “spirit,” is conferred and preserved."
However, in spite of his lament Job makes a declarative statement that God has given us life, favor and care through which He has preserved our spirit. When we seek to please God at all times and never let go of mercy and truth, then we will find favor in the sight of God and people. "Let not mercy and truth forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart, and so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man" (Prov 3:3-4). Just like Joseph (Gen. 39:4, 21) and Daniel (Dan. 1:9; 10:11), let us also walk closer to God so that we can experience His life, favor and care everyday and every moment in His presence.

"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)

Google+ Followers