ALL the PROMISES of GOD will be FULFILLED: Therefore say to the children of Israel: "I am the Lord; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the Lord your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the Lord." (Ex 6:6-8)
As the Lord Almighty (El-Shaddai) is explaining His plan of deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt to Moses, His servant, He details seven great promises that He intends to fulfill concerning the Israelites as follows:
- God will deliver the Israelites out from under the burdens of the Egyptians
- God will rid the Israelites out of the Egyptian bondage
- God will redeem the Israelites with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments
- God will take the Israelites to Himself as His people
- God will be to the Israelites their Savior who would rescue them from under the burdens of the Egyptians
- God will bring the Israelites into Canaan (‘The Promised Land’) that He promised to give it to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- God will give the land of Canaan to the Israelites as a perpetual gift and heritage for their succeeding generations.
We know that God actually fulfilled ALL the seven promises that He had made to Moses eventually. Even though, the fulfillment of the 6th and 7th promise got delayed due to the unbelief and disobedience of the Israelites, God was true to His promises in fulfilling them. God proved Himself as the covenant-keeping God who fulfilled His covenant by freeing the Israelites from Egypt and bringing them into the Promised Land.
As the New Testament Christians, God has given so many precious and wonderful promises through His Word. Let us look closely into each and every one of the promises that God has given us being assured that God will fulfill all His promises. Let us strive to live our lives that are pleasing in Him alone!