GETTING THE MOST FROM GOD'S WORD:

"Do NOT labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting LIFE..." - The Gospel of John 6:27 (NKJV)
A systematic and daily reading of the Word of God is important in maintaining a strong Christian life. Establish a daily quiet time with God and His Word. Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand what you read. By following our daily Bible reading schedule through this blog, you will be able to read the Bible through in a year. Please note that you may utilize the ‘BIBLE READER’ app that is installed at the bottom of this webpage to assist you in reading the specified scripture portion for today.

To get the MOST from God's Word, please do the following intentionally:
1. REQUEST God to connect with you as you read the word of God with FOCUS and OPENNESS to see what God wants to speak with you.
2. READ the selected sections of Scripture slowly as you mark the words and phrases that intrigue you, even reading them the second time to get a better understanding.
3. REFLECT on what God is communicating to you; stopping long enough to let the seed of God's Word take root in your heart.
4. RESPOND to the passage speaking directly to God about what is in your heart, and then look out for ways to live out what you find - individually, and to others within your church and elsewhere.

As you read and meditate, ask yourself the following three questions:
a) What is God speaking to me through this passage?
b) Is there a command, a promise or a warning for me?
c) Is there an example for me to follow?

Please POST your comments below if there is a thought or message that the Lord has spoken to you through the passage that you are reading and meditating today. Please make sure that your post is aligned to the scripture passage mentioned at the header. All comments should pertain to the relevant scripture portions only, and should be aimed to glorify God (the true author of 'The Bible') & edify everyone who visits this blog site daily - both young and old. May God bless you abundantly for encouraging others through your comments!

Let's PRAY...
LORD, give me the desire to take a little time out of my busy schedule today as I read and meditate on Your Word. Give me this day MY DAILY BREAD. Speak to me clearly & lead me today as my Good Shepherd. Help me to be a blessing to others who interact with me as I attempt to be a living witness of Your Word today. In Your Name I pray, AMEN.

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28 Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians Chapters 10-13

God’s STRENGTH is made ‘PERFECT’ in our WEAKNESS: "And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor 12:7-10)

Our world prizes strength - the physical strength of athletes, the financial strength of companies, the political strength of office-holders, and the military strength of armies. But Apostle Paul put a new twist on our notion of strength: God’s strength is made perfect (complete, mature) in our weakness. Our trials will remain but will always be accompanied by the enduring grace of God, when we put our trust on Him. God’s grace will be sufficient for what we may face in our lives!

Despite human weaknesses, God’s grace attains His purposes in a fallen world. When believers are without strength and look to God (v. 8), He provides power by His grace. This promise from God no doubt gave Paul strength and encouragement in subsequent sufferings. Paul’s spiritual view was so clear that he could see his sufferings as reasons for rejoicing, because he knew that in them all of Christ’s power was at work. In Paul’s weaknesses, Christ’s power was made more apparent to others. It would bring praise to the only One who deserved it!

Let us understand that both natural weakness and supernatural power are constantly at work in us, as they were in Paul and in Jesus. The greater we sense our weakness, the more we can sense God’s power. Our success does not depend on our natural abilities but on God’s power working in and through us. Human weakness can be a profound blessing if it results in our depending more on God and less on self!

In God’s kingdom, greatness comes when we are willing to assume positions of weakness (Matt. 20:26). Weakness thus has a way of making us rely on God far more than our strengths do. It is when we are conscious of our own weakness and nothingness that we depend on the power of God. And it is only when we are thus cast on Him in complete dependence that His power is manifested to us, and we are truly strong!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil 4:13)

Google+ Followers