Blessings for following God’s instructions completely: After about eight months' labor, the Tabernacle, with all its equipments, was completed and erected on the first day of the first month (Nisan) of the second year after the departure from Egypt (Exod. 40:17). This included the Ark of the Testimony (Exodus 37:1-9), the Table for the Showbread (vv. 10-16), the God Lampstand (vv. 17-24), the Altar of Incense (vv. 25-28), the Anointing Oil and the Incense (v. 29), the Altar of Burnt Offering (Exodus 38:1-7), the Bronze Laver (v. 8), the Court of the Tabernacle (vv. 9-31) and the Garments of the Priesthood (Exodus 39:1-31).
Let us see the evidence from God’s word about the people involved in building the Tabernacle:
- Bezalel and Aholiab: “Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, made ALL that the Lord had commanded Moses. And with him was Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, an engraver and designer, a weaver of blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and of fine linen”. (Exodus 38:22-23)
- Children of Israel: “Thus all the work of the tabernacle of the tent of meeting was finished. And the children of Israel did according to ALL that the Lord had commanded Moses; so they did”. (Exodus 39:32)
- Moses: “Thus Moses did; according to ALL that the Lord had commanded him, so he did” (Exodus 40:16)
- Blessings from God’s servant: "According to ALL that the Lord had commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did all the work. Then Moses looked over all the work, and indeed they had done it; as the Lord had commanded, just so they had done it. And Moses blessed them". (Exodus 39:42-43)
- The Cloud and the Glory of God Almighty: "Then the cloud covered the tabernacle of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. And Moses was not able to enter the tabernacle of meeting, because the cloud rested above it, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle" (Exodus 40:34-35)
- The continuing abiding presence of God throughout the onward journey: "Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys. But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up. For the cloud of the Lord was above the tabernacle by day, and fire was over it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys" (Exodus 40:36-38)