How CAN we WALK with GOD 'DAILY'?In God’s counsel to Cain in Genesis 4:7, God says that if Cain did well he would have been accepted as well. However, Cain did not do well as sin lay at the door of his life. Cain was entrapped by sin’s desire (James 1:14-15), which resulted that he offered to God a sacrifice that was not pleasing to God. So, the core problem in Cain’s life was the sin which controlled him. Even God’s final counsel to Cain that he should rule over sin (Gen 4:7b) was in vain and Cain killed his brother Abel in a fit of anger and jealousy. The tragedy in Cain’s life was his ultimate separation from God (Gen 4:16), and his disappearance from the pages of history. Let’s examine our hearts today if there is any sin in our lives that is not pleasing to God.
As a stark contrast, we see in Genesis 5:24 that Enoch walked with God, and he was not (found) as God took him (to His abode). His spiritual walk with God was so close that God took him directly into heaven. Due to his lifelong commitment, his great grandson Noah also walked with God (Gen 6:9b), found grace in God’s eyes (Gen 6:8) and was spared along with family from God’s judgment. How can we walk with God daily?
- By daily reading & meditating on God’s word (hearing from God)
- By constant prayer (talking to God)
- By obeying God’s word literally and completely
- By looking for God’s dealings in our life activities
- By paying close attention to the Holy Spirit who guides us daily, and
- Through regular fellowship and worship with God’s people.